Exit intent popup: Find out how to use them to increase your conversion rate and keep users on your website.
We all know the importance of a good design for our website, but we must also pay attention to converting visitors into customers. In fact, despite there being an attractive design and intuitive navigation, it may happen that the user does not find what he is looking for or simply decides to leave the site. In these cases, Exit Intent Popups represent a possibility at your disposal to capture the user's attention and encourage them to stay.
What are Exit Intent Popups?
Exit Intent Popups are one of the most effective digital marketing tactics for convert website visitors into customers. These pop-ups appear when a user is about to navigate away from the page, creating a final opportunity to convince the user to stay or take a specific action, such as subscribing to the newsletter or purchasing a product. They therefore consist of emerging windows that are displayed when a visitor is leaving our site.
This is based on an algorithm that detects the visitor's mouse movement so it can activate the Exit Intent Popup. Basically, when a user approaches the “X” on the browser tab or quickly moves the mouse to the top of the page, the box appears to stop them and motivate them to stay on the site. With these pop-ups, in fact, it is possible offer an incentive, such as a discount or exclusive content, or invite the user to fill out a form to receive a newsletter or contact the support team.
The main objective is to entertain a potential customer, channel it towards a specific objective and prevent abandonment of the website.
How to create an Exit Intent Popup for your site
If you have decided to implement an Exit Intent Popup on your site, here is the step-by-step guide to creating one:
- Choose an Exit Intent Popup software: There are several programs, but in this article we recommend OptinMonster.
- Create your OptinMonster account: to use it you can take advantage of a free account for 14 days.
- Add a new popup: From the admin area, click “Create a new popup” and select “Exit Intent Popup” as the popup type.
- Customize your Popup design: you can customize the design of your Popup with the various customization tools offered by OptinMonster, including add images, text, video and colors to make it visually appealing.
- Add a goal: Choose a specific action for the user. For example, you can invite them to sign up for your newsletter, offer a discount, or present a special promotion.
- Set display rules: for example the maximum time the Exit Intent Popup should be displayed, the number of times it should be displayed per visit, etc.
- Add the trigger code to your site's HTML: Copy the activator code provided by OptinMonster and add it to the HEAD area of your website.
Q: Can Exit Intent Popups harm my site's SEO?
TO: When used in moderation and with attention to site content, Exit Intent Popups do not negatively affect SEO.
Q: Are there other types of pop-ups besides Exit Intent Popups?
TO: Yes, there are pop-ups that appear when you open the website, advanced pop-ups in which the content changes based on the user's actions and pop-ups that appear only on specific pages or sections of the site.
Q: What are the best practices for using Exit Intent Popups?
TO: Do not abuse Exit Intent Popups, only use them to provide valuable content to the user, do not interfere with website navigation, and test regularly for performance.
Want to get more help on Exit Intent Popups: What are they and how to create them for your site? Contact us as soon as possible by requesting a ticket or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of experts is ready to help you increase your conversion and improve your users' website experience. Don't waste any more time, contact us today!