Backing up a website is a fundamental operation to protect your data and ensure the continuity of your online business. In this article we will explain how to make a backup on WordPress and recommend the best plugins to use to simplify the process.
But why should you take a backup of your website? There are many reasons, including the ability to restore your site in the event of a crash or cyber attack, the ability to test new features without risking compromising your current site, and the ability to move your site to a new server without losing your data.
Here's how to make a backup on WordPress:
- UpdraftPlus: one of the most used and recommended plugins for backing up a WordPress site. With UpdraftPlus you can automatically back up your data and restore your site in just a few clicks. It is available in a free version and a paid version with advanced features. You can download the plugin from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/
- BackupBuddy: Another highly rated plugin for WordPress backup. With BackupBuddy you can back up your site and send it directly to a cloud storage service. It is only available in a paid version, but offers many advanced features. You can download the plugin from here: https://ithemes.com/backupbuddy/
- Jetpack Backup: If you use Jetpack as your security plugin, you can also use the built-in backup service to back up your site. Jetpack offers several subscription options, with prices starting at $7.95 per month. You can find more information on the Jetpack website: https://jetpack.com/features/security/backup/
- VaultPress – An online WordPress backup service created by the same developers as Jetpack. With VaultPress you can automatically backup your site and restore it in just a few clicks. It also offers advanced security features and malware protection. VaultPress is available in several subscription plans, with prices starting at $3.50 per month. You can download the plugin from here: https://vaultpress.com/
- Duplicator – A free WordPress backup plugin that allows you to create a backup copy of your site, including files and database. It is especially useful for moving your site to a new server or creating backups for migration. You can download the plugin from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
- WPvivid Backup Plugin – a free backup plugin for WordPress that allows you to create full or partial backups of your site and database. It also offers the ability to back up to cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Amazon S3. You can download the plugin from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpvivid-backuprestore/
Configure your backup plugin. Once you have chosen the plugin, you will need to configure it according to your needs. You may want to back up your entire site, or just some parts, such as content or configuration files. Also check that the plugin is set to automatically back up based on your preferences.
Back up. Once the plugin is configured, you can back up your site with just one click. Make sure you keep your backup in a safe place, such as a cloud storage service or external hard drive.
In conclusion, making a backup on WordPress is a fundamental operation to protect your data and guarantee the continuity of your online business. Use one of the backup plugins we recommended to simplify the process and ensure that your data is always safe.